- Mom’s hip surgery went well this morning. She was still groggy and a little disoriented when I spoke with her around noon, but all-in-all she sounded good.
- My camera* (plus 3 batteries and 2 memory cards) has been missing for 3+ weeks and it drives me mad anytime it crosses my mind. Hopefully it shows up with my Wallabees, which I also haven’t seen since… arriving here?
- I’m looking forward to swimming in my parents’ pool and maybe the Atlantic in a few more weeks when I go to Florida. As it stands, it’s a tough call whether I’ll make it home at Christmas time; lots in store currently, and continuing full-force beyond the new year.
- We’re going to Taipei, Taiwan and Hong Kong,
JapanChina** in about 9 weeks to visit Peter’s mother’s family. It’ll be my first time overseas; I’m happy to have been invited and haven’t a clue regarding what we’ll experience while there, which is both exciting and nerve-wracking. His parents first mentioned the idea when I visited them last Christmas, so it’s been a lot of planning.
- Upon returning, we expect to be working hard on the interior of our long-term living situation and best case, we’ll have it all together and settled by February.
**My brain is in outer space lately.